I went for an optimistic, wintry walk with Neptune. Even though I bundled her up like crazy, she just stood at the playground for five minutes, said: “It’s cold,” got back into the stroller and opted for a sight-seeing trip to the grocery store. Clutching her two Polly Pockets with a death grip, we did the aisles, collecting the things we needed, then headed home.
My inspiration for today’s blog was a poster glued to a boarded up building on Ogilvy and Querbes for the movie” “Zack et Miri Font un Porno (version francaise de ‘Zack and Miri Make A Porno’)”. I thought I would post an update on all the bits and bobs that are going on right now, starting with this movie, which features our song “You and I (Are a Gang of Losers),” though typing this now I realise I already made this observation last week in my Tour Round Up and Out post. I guess I can’t stop talking about it. Here are some other things I can’t stop talking about, in no particular order:
– Apple in-store: Tuesday, November 25th, 8PM at the Montreal store on St. Catharines. Because apparently Apple is on the exclusive list of “non-evil corporations,” and this means one of my close family or friends will be getting a new iPod for Christmas. Our only MTL performance until 2009.
– The Gospel According to The Dears: Have you watched it? Murray is working on episode 4 now, but the first three episodes are not to be missed. Each episode is in two parts so make sure you see the whole thing. Here are all the links: Disclaimer EP1PT1 / EP1PT2 / Bangwagoneers EP2PT1 / EP2PT2 / No Return EP3PT1 / EP3PT2
– Support the Pablove Foundation by getting a copy of Give. Listen. Help. Volume 5 at Urban Outfitters.
– We have a bunch of new Dears stuff for sale at our new online store. Including neckerchiefs.
– Jingle Bell Rock: Dear Canada (rather, everything west of Toronto), we’ll be hitting up major cities this December with Metric, Tokyo Police Club and Sebastien Grainger. I am looking into some badass winter boots. Probably Sorels (not to wear on stage…that would be garish). A portion of the ticket sales go to local charities for youth find out the tour details here.
– Mexico 2009: Details are still being worked out but I am pretty sure our friends in Mexico City and in Guadalajara, Mexico can expect a visit from The Dears in 2009.